SleepCycle, 60 caps
Restorative, Deep, Slow Wave Sleep Formula
- SleepCycle® offers a comprehensive approach to promoting deeper, healthier sleep patterns
- Clinically researched herbal ingredients shown to aid in promoting deep, restorative Slow Wave Sleep (SWS) cycles
- Aids in reducing restlessness and occasional sleeplessness
- Advanced, all-natural herbal formula combines traditional herbal extracts with state-of-the-art modern nutrients, including:
- Xylaria Nigripes (Wulinshen)
- Dong Quai
9931 in stock
9931 in stock
68 reviews for SleepCycle, 60 caps
Reviewed by 55 customer(s)
Awesome supplement for sleep
Have had trouble with waking in might and not being able to go back to sleep. Caused many fatigue filled days. Recommended by my naturopath. SleepCycle is now my go-to nighttime supplement. Very seldom wake in the night now so am getting a GOoD nights sleep. Rested and refreshed!!!!June 19, 2021Verified Purchase
This is a great herbal supplement! I received a free sample and gave it to my husband, who sometimes has trouble winding down and sleeping in the evening. He said that it really helped him feel relaxed and fall asleep faster.March 10, 2020
After taking the Sleep Cycle I woke up feeling like I had a restorative sleep.March 4, 2020
Works great I am now getting a good restful sleep instead of waking up and staying awake for hours. If I wake up and don’t go back to sleep I take a Sleep Cycle and go back to sleep within a half hour.February 7, 2020
I tried your sleep cycle sample according to the directions and did not find that it helped me fall asleep any quicker than if I had taken nothing.January 31, 2020
Yes …. it did work for those nights that you really need a good night sleep ?November 26, 2019
I am sleeping well for the first time in a long time with SleepCycle. Customer service at Tango is outstanding. Knowledgeable and very caring. I was waking at 4 am this has now been resolved using this product. Thank you Tango.November 1, 2019
This helped me to sleep through the night for the first time in years. Thank you so much for making this product.October 25, 2019
My husband is in the process of taking opiate and therefore has trouble sleeping and sleep cycle is a good product helping him a lotOctober 23, 2019
I do not usually write reviews. I haven’t slept through the night in years. The first night taking this I didn’t wake up once. I feel like A new woman. Thank you Tango for making quality supplements.October 15, 2019
Serving Size: 2
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)||50 mg||*|
|Proprietary Blend||750 mg||*|
|Dang Quai root (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)||Dang Gui||*|
|Hops flowers (Humulus Lupulus)||*|
|Lemon Balm Leaves (Melissa officinalis)||*|
|Passionflower aerial parts (Passiflora incarnate)||*|
|Polygala root (Radix Polygalae Tenuifoliae)||Yuan Zhi||*|
|Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis)||*|
|Xylaria Mycelia (Xylaria Nigripes)||Wu Lin Shen||*|
|Jujube fruit (Semen Ziziphi Spinosae)||Suan Zao Ren||*|
|* Daily Value not established|
SleepCycle is an advanced, all-natural supplement offering a comprehensive approach to maintaining healthy sleep patterns.* SleepCycle achieves this by combining traditional herbal extracts with state-of-the-art modern nutrients for a unique, safe and effective natural sleep formula to aid in controlling restlessness and occasional sleeplessness.*
Age-Related Sleep Problems
One of the biggest problems facing adults is the inability to achieve a deep, restful sleep, and by age 64 about half of all adults report some form of sleeping issue. (1) Age-related sleep issues have been linked to biochemical changes in the body’s internal clock that alter the normal response to external light cues (i.e. sunset, sunrise). This results in older people going to sleep earlier in the evening and waking up earlier in the morning. Older sleepers also tend to wake up more frequently during the night, resulting in fragmented sleep.
SleepCycle for a Deeper Night’s Sleep
Though people frequently tend to focus on falling asleep quickly, a far better indicator of sleep quality is the ability to wake up feeling refreshed, energized and restored the following day. Consequently, SleepCycle is not intended to act like a fast-acting sleeping pill that knocks people out quickly. Instead, SleepCycle works by gently promoting a state of calm as it initiates the natural process of falling asleep. Over time, SleepCycle conditions and maintains the overall quality of sleep by gradually extending the duration of deep, Slow Wave Sleep (SWS) and shortening the length of time it takes to fall into a restful slumber.
SleepCycle achieves this by combining traditional herbal extracts with state-of-the-art modern nutrients to deliver a unique, safe and highly effective natural sleep aid.
SleepCycle begins with two nutritional compounds, melatonin and 5-HTP, that have been shown to support resynchronization of the body’s biological clock to promote healthier sleep rhythms. SleepCycle also contains L-Theanine, an amino acid derived from green tea prized for its ability to maintain calm and relax the mind.
L-Theanine has been shown to regulate psychological and physiological stress responses, support cognitive performance, and relax the mind without inducing drowsiness. In research, L-Theanine intake resulted in a reduction in heart rate (HR) and salivary immunoglobulin A (s-IgA) responses to an acute stress task, which, say study authors, was attributable to an attenuation of sympathetic nervous activation. Thus, it was suggested that the oral intake of L-Theanine could cause such beneficial effects via inhibition of cortical neuron excitation. (2,3)
Melatonin, the hormone produced nocturnally by the pineal gland, serves as a circadian time cue and sleep-anticipating signal in humans. With age, melatonin production declines as the prevalence of sleep issues increases. In one study melatonin was shown to exert significant and clinically meaningful improvements in sleep quality, morning alertness, sleep onset latency and quality of life in patients aged 55 years and over. (4)
An extract of the seed of the griffonia plant, 5-HTP is a necessary component for making serotonin in the body. Low levels of 5-HTP are associated with occasional sleeplessness and anxiety. In rats, 5-HTP was shown to alter sleep and brain temperature. (5)
Proprietary Herbal Blend with Wulinshen
SleepCycle contains a well-known combination of natural plant extracts that have been used for centuries to maintain deep, restful sleep, including Hops, Lemon Balm, Passionflower, Valerian root, Angelica sinensis, Jujube, and Polygala. These healing plants are traditionally endowed with relaxation and sleep-supporting properties.
Tang-Kuei root (Dong Quai, Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
Traditionally used as a sleep aid, Tang-Kuei has been used safely for centuries in traditional Chinese healing.
Hops (Humulus Lupulus)
Hops has been used traditionally as a herbal remedy for sleep issues. Its effects in studies can be attributed to three categories of constituents of lipophilic hops extracts. Though the alpha-bitter acids proved to be the most active constituents, the beta-bitter acids and the hop oil clearly contributed to the activity of lipophilic Humulus extracts. (6)
Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
A novel pharmacological mechanism of action for the anxiety-modulating botanical Melissa officinalis L. (lemon balm) has been reported, and identified as a potent in vitro inhibitor of rat brain GABA transaminase (GABA-T). (7)
Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate)
Passiflora incarnata has been used in sleep-support formulas for many centuries, and administration of oral Passiflora incarnata has been shown to aid in modulating anxiety. (8)
Polygala (Radix Polygalae Tenuifoliae)
Polygala tenuifolia, an herbal ingredient found in traditional Asian sleep formulas, possesses several components, including 4,5-trimethoxycinnamic acid.(9) Study results indicate that the effects of Polygala in stressed animals might relate to its modulating effects on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. (10)
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
Valerian has an adenosine-like action and supports the readiness to fall asleep. Its action is closely related to endogenous melatonin secretion.(11) In studies, extracts of valerian demonstrate positive effects on sleep structure and sleep perception. (12)
Jujube (Suan Zao Ren, Ziziphus jujuba var. spinosa)
Semen Ziziphus jujube (SZJ), the seeds of Ziziphus jujuba Mill. var. spinosa, is widely used in Chinese traditional culture for sleep and relaxation, with studies showing that it exerts an inhibitory effect on glutamate (Glu) mediated excitatory signal pathways in the hippocampus. (13)
Wulinshen (Xylaria Nigripes)
Wulinshen contains significant amounts of glutamic acid, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate decarboxylase. GABA’s main function is to inhibit excitatory neuro-activities by exerting a sleep-promoting effect on the central nervous system. Glutamate decarboxylase (GAD) supports the synthesis of GABA, while glutamic acid assists the uptake of GABA to specific brain cell receptors.
Nine known compounds were isolated and identified in Xylaria nigripes for the first time, and their structures were mainly determined by MS and NMR methods. These include (1) 5-hydroxy-7-methoxy-2-methyl-4-chromanone, (2) 5,7-dihydroxy-2-methyl-4-chromanone, (3) 5-hydroxyl-2-methyl-4-chromanone, (4) 1-(2,6-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-hydroxybutanone, (5) 5alpha,8alpha-epidioxyergosta-6,22-dien-3beta-ol, (6) (22E,24R)-ergost-7,22-dien-3beta, 5alpha,6alpha-triol, (7) euphorbol, (8) beta-sitosterol and (9) 2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-ethanol. (14)
Sleep Loss in Middle Age
In the first study of its kind, sleep researchers at the University of Pittsburgh found that the quality and duration of sleep changed dramatically between the mid-20s and the mid-50s, with subjects going to bed and waking up earlier. The subjects also slept less, woke up more often during the night, and experienced fewer stages of deep sleep. (15)
According to study author, Dr. Julie Carrier, Middle age is a turning point for sleep. Some sleep patterns have already changed significantly by the time an average adult reaches age 30. Dr. Carrier observed that these changes are most likely tied to gradual age-related changes in features of the biological clock.
Research has already shown how disrupted sleep patterns are linked to significant age-related alterations in melatonin, the principal sleep hormone produced by the pineal gland. Melatonin levels are known to drop significantly after childhood and serve as one of the most dramatic markers of biological aging known. By the age of 60, nighttime melatonin production practically ceases, and by age 80, melatonin plasma levels are barely detectable.
SleepCycle is an advanced, all-natural supplement that offers a comprehensive approach to maintaining healthy sleep patterns. Unlike conventional sleeping aids that are designed to just put people to sleep quickly, SleepCycle targets each phase of human sleep with nutrients and plant compounds that have been shown to gently support the quality and duration of deep, restorative sleep, aiding the body in recovering from daily physical and mental stresses.
- E. J. W. Van Someren., Circadian and sleep disturbances in the elderly, Experimental Gerontology, Vol. 35, Issues 9-10, Dec. 2000, Pages 1229-1237.
- Kimura K, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. Nagoya., L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses, Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan. Pubmed ID: 16930802.
- Owen GN, Parnell H, De Bruin EA, Rycroft JA. The combined effects of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood, Nutr Neurosci., 2008 Aug. Pubmed ID: 18681988.
- Wade AG, Ford I, Crawford G, McMahon AD, Nir T, Laudon M, Zisapel N. Efficacy of prolonged release melatonin in patients aged 55-80 years: quality of sleep and next-day alertness outcomes, Curr Med Res Opin. 2007 Oct. Pubmed ID: 17875243.
- Imeri L, Mancia M, Bianchi S, Opp MR. 5-Hydroxytryptophan, but not L-tryptophan, alters sleep and brain temperature in rats, Neuroscience, 2000. Pubmed ID: 10658624.
- Schiller H, Forster A, Vonhoff C, Hegger M, Biller A, Winterhoff H., Sedating effects of Humulus lupulus L. extracts, Phytomedicine, 2006 Sept. Pubmed ID: 16860977.
- Awad R, Muhammad A, Durst T, Trudeau VL, Arnason JT. Bioassay-guided fractionation of lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) using an in vitro measure of GABA transaminase activity, Phytother Res. 2009 Aug. Pubmed ID: 19165747.
- Movafegh A, Alizadeh R, Hajimohamadi F, Esfehani F, Nejatfar M., Preoperative oral Passiflora incarnata regulates anxiety in ambulatory surgery patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, Anesth Analg. 2008 Jun. Pubmed ID: 18499602.
- Kawashima K, Miyako D, Ishino Y, Makino T, Saito K, Kano Y., Effects of 3,4,5-trimethoxycinnamic acid, an active constituent of roots of Polygala tenuifolia (Onji), Biol Pharm Bull., 2004 Aug. Pubmed ID: 15305046.
- Sun Y, Xie TT, Wang DX, Liu P. Effect of Polygala tenuifolia Willd YZ-50 on the mRNA expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and its receptor TrkB in rats, Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao., 2009 Jun. Pubmed ID: 19726361.
- Brattstrom A. Max Zeller Rohne AG, Romanshorn, Scientific evidence for a fixed extract combination (Ze 91019) from valerian and hops traditionally used as a sleep-inducing aid, Wien Med Wochenschr., 2007. Pubmed ID: 17704989.
- Donath F, Quispe S, Diefenbach K, Maurer A, Fietze I, Roots I. Critical evaluation of the effect of valerian extract on sleep structure and sleep quality, Pharmacopsychiatry, 2000 Mar. Pubmed ID: 10761819.
- Zhang M, Ning G, Shou C, Lu Y, Hong D, Zheng X. Inhibitory effect of jujuboside A on glutamate-mediated excitatory signal pathway in hippocampus, Planta Med., 2003 Aug. Pubmed ID: 14531016.
- Gong QF, Zhang YM, Tan NH, Chen ZH. Chemical constituents in fermented mycelium of Xylaria Nigripes, Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 33(11):1269-72. 2008 June. Pubmed ID: 18831203.
- University Of Pittsburgh Med. Center. Deterioration Of Sleep During Middle Age Related To Changes In The Biological Clock. Science Daily 25 June 1998.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What is the recommended daily dose of Sleep Cycle?
The recommended daily dose of Sleep Cycle is 1-2 capsules, 1 time per day, 1 hour before bedtime.
How much Sleep Cycle can I safely take in a day?
You do not need to take more than 2 capsules in a day to gain the full effectiveness of the Sleep Cycle supplement.
How do I know Sleep Cycle is working for me?
Sleep Cycle is a Tango Advanced Nutrition product that should make a change for you in how you sleep. It should promote your sleep health so that you sleep more deeply and wake up fully rested.
You should expect improvements to occur quickly as many of our customers report dramatic improvement in the first few days of use. The change should be very noticeable. Instead of saying to yourself, “I think this might be helping me”, you really should be able to say, “Wow, I feel a lot better.”
Usually, very clear results show up in the first month of use for most people.
Do I have to take Sleep Cycle forever?
Everybody has a different set of circumstances that will determine how their sleep will be promoted when using Sleep Cycle. Your response to the supplement will be determined by your individual health circumstances. Issues with sleep may be long-standing over many years. This may determine how soon you notice positive changes and how long you may need or wish to take the formula.
However, the formula is strong enough so that men and women who will get benefits should expect them in the first month of use.
When positive changes in sleep health occur, you can lower your dose to one capsule per night and expect to see continued benefits. The reason for this is that, as with all true health-promoting supplements, Sleep Cycle provides restorative results.
When should I take Sleep Cycle?
The most important consideration in taking Sleep Cycle is to use it daily and consistently. You should take Sleep Cycle about one hour before bedtime.
Can I take Sleep Cycle with other supplements?
Yes, you can take Sleep Cycle with and at the same time as you take other dietary supplements.
I take over-the-counter/prescriptive medicines for better sleep. Can I take Sleep Cycle with them?
You can take Sleep Cycle while you are using other products for your sleep or any other condition. However, you should always take Sleep Cycle or any other supplement at least 2 hours away from any medication to reduce any possible risk of interaction.
If you have any questions about using Sleep Cycle or any other supplement while you are using medications of any type, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Can I combine Sleep Cycle with some of your other products like Vital Cell?
Yes, you can take Sleep Cycle with Vital Cell or other Tango supplements. Many people find that the addition of Vital Cell promotes their results when taking Sleep Cycle.
You can also call one of our product specialists if you have questions about how best to combine our formulas. The toll-free number for product questions is 1-866-778-2646, ext. 2.
Can a woman take Sleep Cycle if she is pregnant or nursing?
No, we do not recommend that a woman take Sleep Cycle if she is pregnant or nursing. This is not because Sleep Cycle is unsafe but because there have been no safety studies performed on the ingredients in Sleep Cycle for pregnancy and nursing.
Can children take Sleep Cycle?
Sleep Cycle is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
Can I give Sleep Cycle to my pet (cat, dog, or horse)?
We do not recommend that you give Sleep Cycle to your pet as it is not suitable for common pet nutritional concerns.
Is Sleep Cycle tested for contaminants that could harm my health?
Yes, we regularly test batches of our formulas to make sure they meet strict quality control guidelines recommended by government regulatory agencies.
Are there any side effects from taking Sleep Cycle?
Sleep Cycle does not cause drowsiness or make a person sleepy. It also does not contain any stimulants that might cause jitteriness or lack of sleep.
What do I do if I think taking Sleep Cycle is causing me discomfort?
The most common discomforts experienced by a tiny percentage of people when taking any vitamin, mineral, or herbal formula are digestive upset or very mild allergic reactions such as skin itching or irritability.
These minor discomforts usually disappear by taking a lower dose or by taking the supplement with meals.
If you should experience discomfort when taking Sleep Cycle and it does not go away with these suggestions, then discontinue use and contact our product specialist for further recommendations at 1-866-778-2646, ext 2. If we cannot determine a way for you to continue use of the product to gain its benefits, then we will arrange for a full refund for you.
You may also like…
Herbal Supplements, Specials, Tango
Vital Cell, 180 capsules
Anti-Aging, Thymus and Circulation Support Formula
- Vital Cell is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts formulated to support overall strength, wellness and healthy blood flow.
- The formula has been shown to exert a positive effect on blood, supporting healthy oxygen uptake and delivery.
- In addition to benefits in microcirculation, Vital Cell has been shown to help with certain age-related issues, as well as helping to maintain and support healthy immune response.
- Traditional herbal remedies like Vital Cell are known to confer a wide range of anti-aging and immuno-supportive health benefits by supporting:
- Healthy circulation
- Immune system response
- Organ function
- Microcirculatory performance
- Especially Suited for Elderly & Athletes
- Read more here: Rejuvenating, Anti-Aging Benefits of Vital Cell Herbal Formula