Vital Cell, 180 capsules
Anti-Aging, Thymus and Circulation Support Formula
- Vital Cell is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts formulated to support overall strength, wellness and healthy blood flow.
- The formula has been shown to exert a positive effect on blood, supporting healthy oxygen uptake and delivery.
- In addition to benefits in microcirculation, Vital Cell has been shown to help with certain age-related issues, as well as helping to maintain and support healthy immune response.
- Traditional herbal remedies like Vital Cell are known to confer a wide range of anti-aging and immuno-supportive health benefits by supporting:
- Healthy circulation
- Immune system response
- Organ function
- Microcirculatory performance
- Especially Suited for Elderly & Athletes
- Read more here: Rejuvenating, Anti-Aging Benefits of Vital Cell Herbal Formula
9863 in stock
9863 in stock
165 reviews for Vital Cell, 180 capsules
Reviewed by 117 customer(s)
As a family we have a long history with Tango products- we use them successfully for a variety of health issues. One of my favorite is Vital Cell. I take it every day as maintenance. My energy and vitality is generally good and I feel well, it does what it says it does.September 7, 2021Verified Purchase
Always keep on hand for times when feeling run down.July 8, 2021
Thank youJune 8, 2021Verified Purchase
couponMay 28, 2021Verified Purchase
helps my circulationDecember 22, 2020Verified Purchase
I feel stronger and have more energy when I take Vital Cell.November 24, 2020Verified Purchase
I use Vital Cell to bring my energy levels up when they sink lower than normal.
Extra note. The Captcha/I’m not a robot verify cell covers most of the Submit button in this review. You may want to move it up a line or two.October 4, 2020Verified Purchase
I have taken Vital Cell and Cardio Phase for many years. I ran out of Vital Cell in May due to the very slow postage because of Cov19 and ended up in hospital with severe angina in June Now after taking them again for the last two months I am having no trouble with angina and am able to do what I like. I will endeavor to never run out again.September 14, 2020Verified Purchase
I have taken Vita Cell for several month now and they make me feel a lot better. Will keep on taking themMarch 10, 2020
Vital cell has been keeping our blood tests great. Good product for feeling great!February 26, 2020Verified Purchase
Serving Size: 3
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Proprietary Blend||1250 mg||*|
|Astragalus root (Radix Astragali)||Huang Qi||*|
|Atractylodes Macrocephala Rhizome (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae)||Bai Zhu||*|
|Notoginseng root (Radix Pseudoginseng)||San Qi / Tan Qi||*|
|Tang-kuei root (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)||Dang Gui||*|
|Safflower flower (Flos Carthami Tinctorii)||Hong Hua||*|
|Atractylodes Lancea rhizome (Rhizoma Atractylodis)||Cang Zhu||*|
|Lycium Chinense fruit (Fructus Lycii Chinensis)||Gou Qi Zi||*|
|Codonopsis root (Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae)||Dang Shen||*|
|Salvia Miltiorrhiza root (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae)||Dan Shen||*|
|Chinese Licorice root (Radix Glycyrrhiza Uralensis)||Gan Cao||*|
|* Daily Value not established|
Astragalus (Radix Astragali), one of the key active ingredients in Vital Cell, is revered in Traditional Chinese healing practice as an advanced anti-aging compound frequently used in formulas for countering a wide range of common discomforts associated with human aging. By maintaining healthy microcirculation, Vital Cell promotes internal organ health while supporting the body’s natural detoxification of cellular metabolic waste products. Vital Cell has also been shown to support immune performance by maintaining resistance and improving overall health.
Vital Cell is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts formulated to support healthy blood flow. The formula has been shown to exert a positive effect on blood, supporting healthy oxygen uptake and delivery.
In addition to benefits in microcirculation, Vital Cell has been shown to help with certain age-related issues, as well as helping to maintain and support healthy immune response. Traditional herbal remedies like Vital Cell are known to confer a wide range of anti-aging and immuno-supportive health benefits. In addition to lacking the negative side effects of synthetic remedies, advanced herbal formulas like Vital Cell may be inherently safer and less expensive than their synthetic counterparts.
The Connection Between Blood and Aging
As a professor and physician, Dr. Yan received extensive training in both Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In Chinese medicine blood stagnation is considered to be the primary underlying cause of many health issues. When blood stagnation occurs, the body’s internal organs don’t receive their normal nutrients, and waste products aren’t carried away at a sufficient rate. This impedes the organs from performing their functions, resulting in weakness and aging.
Dr. Yan recognized that the Chinese view of blood stagnation had a strong corollary in Western medicine – especially regarding blood sugar issues that affect the microcapillaries and impact blood flow to the retinas, kidneys, and peripheral nerves. Basically, this can be viewed of as an accelerated form of the normal aging process in the way it relates to blood composition and circulatory issues.
Noting the role that changes in circulation play in aging, Dr. Yan theorized that many of the age-related health issues he observed in his older patients might be traced to underlying blood and circulation issues. He also believed that these issues were affecting vital tissues and organs.
Dr. Yan formed a new research team with other leading medical researchers at the Shanghai Medical Hospital called the Blood Stasis and Aging Research Group. As the researchers examined blood samples from young and elderly volunteers they quickly noticed that the samples from young adults were thinner and had a brighter red color than the samples from the older adults. Intrigued by this simple visual correlation between blood stagnation and aging, the researchers began to test the beneficial effects of a number of natural herbs on blood and microcapillary function.
After eight years of gathering clinical data on microcirculation and evaluating changes in blood flow, Dr. Yan’s team arrived at a formula made up of 10 traditional herbs that were shown to promote overall health, enhance energy, and maintain healthy circulation.
A Medical Professional’s Perspective
My clinical experience supports the use of this unique Traditional Chinese herbal formulation based on its ability to significantly promote healthy internal organ function, as well as systemic microcirculation, detoxification and cellular energy production. Vital Cell has also been shown to maintain ideal viscosity (thickness) of the blood, thereby supporting blood flow through the capillary vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to and remove waste products from the cells, tissues and organ systems.
I have personally been taking Vital Cell for over four months and have observed a definitive, gradual promotion of my stamina and endurance. Another noticeable benefit has been in my clarity and sharpness of vision and memory, especially after long hours of studying complicated, homeopathic cases and all the medical literature.
Mitchell A. Fleisher, M.D., D.Ht., D.A.B.F.M.
By enhancing circulation, nourishing cells, and detoxification of cellular waste products, Vital Cell contributes to overall improvements in memory, energy, and health.
Astragalus (Radix Astragali)
Astragalus has been used in Traditional Chinese culture for thousands of years, often in combination with other herbs, to strengthen the body. Astragalus has been found to slow formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs)1 and support learning and memory.2 Additionally, astragulus has been shown to aid in modulating insulin signaling in skeletal muscle.3
Atractylodes (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae)
Atractylodes is an herb that has been used in Chinese herbal culture for centuries. Researchers have demonstrated significant inflammation-modulating activity of components extracted from Atractylodis macrocephalae in a study of mice suffering from ear edema.4 In a related study , components in atractylodes (atractylenolide I and atractylenolide III) were found to exert inflammation-modulating effects by modulating production of TNF-alpha and NO.5
San-Qi Ginseng (Radix Pseudoginseng)
Accumulating evidence indicates that Panax notoginseng saponins (PNS), the major ingredients in Panax notoginseng (San-Qi Ginseng) may aid in supporting blood vessel health by supporting healthy cholesterol levels.6 In a related study, San-Qi Ginseng was shown to support blood vessel health through an inflammation-modulating action and by supporting healthy blood lipids.7
Dong-Quai (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
Extracts of Dong-Quai (Angelica sinensis) have been shown to exert inflammation-modulating actions.8 In a related study, Dong-Quai was found to exert significant neuroprotective effects against cerebral issues in several animal models.9
Safflower flower (Flos Carthami Tinctorii)
Hydroxysafflor yellow A (HSYA), a component of Safflower flower, has been shown to exert inflammation-modulating effects on cytokine expression to support lung health.10 In another study Safflower flower was shown to potentially serve as a cardio-protective agent.11
Lycium Chinense (Fructus Lycii Chinensis)
Polysaccharides extracted from Lycium fruits have been shown to support heart function in rats, suggesting a potential role for cardiovascular health.2 In another study, Lycium chinense extracts were shown to support liver health by modulating serum aspartate and alanine aminotransferase (AST and ALT) and alkaline phosphatase levels.13
Codonopsis (Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae)
Codonopsis extract has been shown to support liver health by modulating phosphorylation of AMPKalpha and ACC, which are implicated in lipid metabolism.14
Red-Rooted Sage (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae)
Extracts of Red-Rooted Sage (Salvia miltiorrhiza) were shown to modulate production of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs).15 In a second study, an active ingredient present in the Salvia miltiorrhiza root was found to have inflammation-modulating effects on TNF-alpha-induced production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), demonstrating a potential role in supporting endothelial and vascular health.16
Chinese Licorice (Radix Glycyrrhiza Uralensis)
Experimental research indicates that Radix Glycyrrhiza exerts beneficial effects on the digestive system, respiratory system, nervous system and endocrine system.17 Radix Glycyrrhiza has also been shown to modulate lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammation in mice.18
- Motomura K, Fujiwara Y, Kiyota N, Tsurushima K, Takeya M, Nohara T, Nagai R, Ikeda T. Astragalosides isolated from the root of astragalus radix inhibit the formation of advanced glycation end products. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Sep 9;57(17):7666-72.
- Park HJ, Kim HY, Yoon KH, Kim KS, Shim I. The Effects of Astragalus Membranaceus on Repeated Restraint Stress-induced Biochemical and Behavioral Responses. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009 Aug;13(4):315-9. Epub 2009 Aug 31.
- Liu M, Wu K, Mao X, Wu Y, Ouyang J. Astragalus polysaccharide improves insulin sensitivity in KKAy mice: regulation of PKB/GLUT4 signaling in skeletal muscle. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Jan 8;127(1):32-7. Epub 2009 Oct 2.
- Dong H, He L, Huang M, Dong Y. Inflammation-modulating components isolated from Atractylodes macrocephala Koidz. Nat Prod Res. 2008;22(16):1418-27.
- Li CQ, He LC, Jin JQ. Atractylenolide I and atractylenolide III inhibit Lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF-alpha and NO production in macrophages. Phytother Res. 2007 Apr;21(4):347-53.
- Jia Y, Li ZY, Zhang HG, Li HB, Liu Y, Li XH. Panax notoginseng saponins decrease cholesterol ester via up-regulating ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 in foam cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Aug 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Liu Y, Zhang HG, Jia Y, Li XH. Panax notoginseng saponins attenuate atherogenesis accelerated by zymosan in rabbits. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33(8):1324-30.
- Chao WW, Hong YH, Chen ML, Lin BF. Inhibitory effects of Angelica sinensis ethyl acetate extract and major compounds on NF-kappaB trans-activation activity and LPS-induced inflammation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 May 27;129(2):244-9. Epub 2010 Apr 3.
- Zhang L, Du JR, Wang J, Yu DK, Chen YS, He Y, Wang CY. Z-ligustilide extracted from Radix Angelica Sinensis decreased platelet aggregation induced by ADP ex vivo and arterio-venous shunt thrombosis in vivo in rats. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2009 Jul;129(7):855-9.
- Sun CY, Pei CQ, Zang BX, Wang L, Jin M. The inflammation-modulating ability of hydroxysafflor yellow. Phytother Res. 2010 Jun 17.
- Tien YC, Lin JY, Lai CH, Kuo CH, Lin WY, Tsai CH, Tsai FJ, Cheng YC, Peng WH, Huang CY. Carthamus tinctorius L. prevents LPS-induced TNFalpha signaling activation and cell apoptosis. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Aug 9;130(3):505-13. Epub 2010 Jun 9.
- Lu SP, Zhao PT. Chemical characterization of Lycium barbarum polysaccharides and their effects. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010 Sep 9.
- Ha KT, Yoon SJ, Choi DY, Kim DW, Kim JK, Kim CH. Protective effect of Lycium chinense fruit on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Jan
- 96(3):529-35. Epub 2004 Dec 8.
- Cho K, Kim SJ, Park SH, Kim S, Park T. Protective effect of Codonopsis lanceolata root extract against alcoholic fatty liver in the rat. J Med Food. 2009 Dec;12(6):1293-301.
- Ma HY, Gao HY, Sun L, Huang J, Xu XM, Wu LJ. Constituents with -glucosidase and advanced glycation end-product formation inhibitory activities from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge. J Nat Med. 2010 Sep 11.
- Tang C, Xue HL, Bai CL, Fu R. Regulation of adhesion molecules expression in TNF-alpha-stimulated brain microvascular endothelial cells. Phytother Res. 2010 Aug 4.
- Gao X, Wang W, Wei S, Li W. Review of pharmacological effects of Glycyrrhiza radix and its bioactive compounds. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009 Nov;34(21):2695-700.
- Xie YC, Dong XW, Wu XM, Yan XF, Xie QM. Inhibitory effects of flavonoids extracted from licorice on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009 Feb;9(2):194-200. Epub 2008 Dec 9.
What is the recommended daily dose of Vital Cell?
We recommend Vital Cell® as a general daily herbal supplement that can be combined with your daily vitamin and mineral supplements. The recommended daily dose of Vital Cell is 1-2 capsules, 2-3 times per day. Each bottle contains 180 capsules and is a one-month supply at 6 capsules per day.
How much Vital Cell can I safely take in a day?
You can take up to 12 capsules of Vital Cell per day and expect to get additional benefit sooner. However, for most people 6 capsules is very effective at promoting circulatory and immune health.
How do I know Vital Cell is working for me?
You should expect gradual improvements in your overall health with regular use of Vital Cell. By promoting circulatory and immune system health you should feel better throughout the day and night. You should also note positive changes in the quality of your blood in blood tests taken at least 30 days after starting Vital Cell.
Do I have to take Vital Cell forever?
Individual circumstances will determine how quickly your circulatory and immune health will improve when taking Vital Cell. Issues involving circulatory and immune system function may be long-standing and may determine how soon you notice positive changes, and how long you may need or wish to take the formula.
When positive changes in circulation and immune function occur, you can lower your dose gradually by one capsule at a time every 4-5 days and expect to see continued benefits. The reason for this is that, as with all true health-promoting supplements, Vital Cell provides restorative results.
However, as a daily supplement, best results for most people will occur when taking 6 capsules per day.
When should I take Vital Cell?
The most important consideration in taking Vital Cell is to take it daily and consistently. Convenience makes regular use possible, so including Vital Cell in your regular supplement routine is a good idea. You can take Vital Cell with or away from meals. Morning and early evening are the best times to take the formula to spread out its benefits over a 24-hour period. Some men and women take Vital Cell about 1 hour before bedtime to make sure they have beneficial nutrients working while they are sleeping.
Can I take Vital Cell with other supplements?
Yes, you can take Vital Cell with, and at the same time, as you take other dietary supplements.
I take over-the-counter/prescriptive medicines for better circulation. Can I take Vital Cell with them?
You can take Vital Cell while using other products for your circulation or any other condition. However, you should always take Vital Cell or any other supplement at least 2 hours away from any medication to reduce any possible risk of interaction.
As a special precaution, you should not take Vital Cell if you are on the drastic blood thinning medication warfarin/coumadin.
You should also exercise caution when taking aspirin, plavix or other blood-thinning medication while also using Vital Cell.
If you have any questions about using Vital Cell or any other supplement while you are using medications of any type, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Can I combine Vital Cell with some of your other products like OsteoPhase, CardioPhase, or Herbal Boost?
Yes, you can take Vital Cell with OsteoPhase for bone health. We suggest that you take 1 capsule of Vital Cell for each 2 capsules of OsteoPhase.
You can also take Vital Cell and CardioPhase together. We suggest starting at a lower dose of each formula than that recommended on the bottle, as there is some overlap in function between the supplements. You can increase the doses of each by one capsule per day until you feel the effect that you are trying to achieve.
As noted above, you do not need to take Vital Cell and Herbal Boost together for circulatory health. For quick restoration, we suggests you take Herbal Boost for 3-4 months then switch to Vital Cell as your daily circulation and immune system supplement.
You can also call one of our product specialists if you have questions about how best to combine our formulas. The toll-free number for product questions is 1-866-778-2646, ext. 2.
Can a woman take Vital Cell if she is pregnant or nursing?
No, we do not recommend that a woman take Vital Cell if she is pregnant or nursing. This is not because Vital Cell is unsafe but because there have been no safety studies performed on the ingredients in Vital Cell for pregnancy and nursing.
Can children take Vital Cell?
Vital Cell is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
Can I give Vital Cell to my pet (cat, dog, or horse)?
Yes, however, you should contact a holistic veterinarian for advice on the dose you should give to your pet, since animals vary widely in size and speed of metabolism. Both of those factors determine doses for supplements for animals.
Is Vital Cell tested for contaminants that could harm my health?
Yes, we regularly test batches of our formulas to make sure they meet strict quality control guidelines recommended by government regulatory agencies.
Are there any side effects from taking Vital Cell?
Vital Cell does not cause drowsiness or make a person sleepy. It also does not contain any stimulants that might cause jitteriness or lack of sleep.
What do I do if I think taking Vital Cell is causing me discomfort?
The most common discomforts experienced by a tiny percentage of people when taking any vitamin, mineral, or herbal formula are digestive upset or very mild allergic reactions such as skin itching or irritability.
These minor discomforts usually disappear by taking a lower dose or by taking the supplement with meals.
If you should experience discomfort when taking Vital Cell and it does not go away with these suggestions, then discontinue use and contact our product specialist for further recommendations at 1-866-778-2646, ext 2. If we cannot determine a way for you to continue use of the product to gain its benefits, then we will arrange for a full refund for you.
I see that Vital Cell contains licorice. Will that raise my blood pressure?
No, there are less than 40 mg. of licorice powder in each capsule of Vital Cell. This means that glycyrrhizic acid, the active ingredient in licorice responsible for elevating blood pressure is about 1.6 mg. per capsule. At the largest recommended dose of 12 capsules of Vital Cell per day you would be getting 19.2 mg. per day of glycyrrhizic acid.
Studies have shown that continuous use of 100 mg. per day for extended periods of two or more weeks of glycyrrhizic acid is safe and does not elevate blood pressure.
You would have to take 60 capsules of Vital Cell daily to reach the safe amount of 100 mg. per day of glycyrrhizic acid.
You may also like…
Herbal Supplements, Sleep Cycle, Tango
SleepCycle, 60 caps
Restorative, Deep, Slow Wave Sleep Formula
- SleepCycle® offers a comprehensive approach to promoting deeper, healthier sleep patterns
- Clinically researched herbal ingredients shown to aid in promoting deep, restorative Slow Wave Sleep (SWS) cycles
- Aids in reducing restlessness and occasional sleeplessness
- Advanced, all-natural herbal formula combines traditional herbal extracts with state-of-the-art modern nutrients, including:
- Xylaria Nigripes (Wulinshen)
- Dong Quai
Herbal Supplements, Tango
MetaPhase, 120 caps
Advanced Glucose Support
- MetaPhase® is a unique, all-natural herbal supplement designed to support and maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within the normal range.*
- The proprietary blend of herbal extracts contained in MetaPhase has also been shown to support:
- Healthy pancreatic function
- Glucose metabolism
- Energy production
- MetaPhase may also assist those looking for help in controlling food cravings, particularly for hard-to-resist carbohydrates.*