Soothing, Lubricating Eye Drops with NAC
- Contains 1% NAC (N-acetylcarnosine), a naturally occurring antioxidant and antiglycating agent.
- Safe for use by people with: Cataracts, Glaucoma, Age-Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD/AMD), and Floaters.
- Research with N-acetylcarnosine, as with it’s parent compound carnosine, demonstrates that it is effective not only in supporting healthy vision but also in increasing the transmissivity of the lens to light.
- Helps to combat “dry eye” and other forms of eye irritation, such as blurry vision, night glare, and computer eye strain.
- Each box of OcuPhase contains two resealable vials containing a total of about 200 drops.
9395 in stock
9395 in stock
380 reviews for OcuPhase Eyedrops
Reviewed by 289 customer(s)
Just started them so no review yet- thank-you!January 20, 2022Verified Purchase
As yet, no review, but believe in them.
Thank you!January 20, 2022Verified Purchase
Great product!! Been using for 3+ years after being diagnosed with cataracts. Has improved my vision and bought me several years of time to postpone the surgery.
Recommend it to anyone who has similar issues!!January 5, 2022Verified Purchase
Great Eye Drops
These were recommended by my Doctor of Optometry several years ago. I have cataracts and these drops have slowed the growth of the cataracts and my vision has improved over time. Wish I had started them earlier.December 15, 2021Verified Purchase
Ocu Phase eye drops
Great eye drops !December 4, 2021Verified Purchase
I wonder if the glycerin in vegetable ?December 4, 2021
I’m writing this so others know that the claims made for this product are – after personally testing it – valid. The lens of the affected eye is literally unclouding.
It DOES sllghtly sting for a second, but it’s a very tolerable sting. (Kinda gives you the feeling it’s working.)November 9, 2021Verified Purchase
OcuPhase is such an amazing product. I’ve been using this product for the last 2+ years. From day 1, it helped with my dry eyes and floaters. When I was diagnosed with having a cataract in one of my eyes, after consistent use of OcuPhase, my cataract was no longer present and “disappeared/dissolved”. What a blessing to have/use this product. It’s worth every dollar and more. If you haven’t given it a try, please do so. You’ll be extremely happy with the results.November 3, 2021Verified Purchase
Great eye drops.
This product has helped my vision. I leave it in to box to keep in the fridge so it can’t tip over as easy.October 28, 2021Verified Purchase
No review yet, but happy!
Thank you!October 27, 2021Verified Purchase
Suggested Use: For general preventive use, the recommended amount is 1–2 drops daily. Those with eye problems may want to use 2 drops twice daily or as needed.
OcuPhase also contains 1% N-acetylcarnosine, a naturally occurring antioxidant and antiglycating agent that helps protect the active ingredients from glycation. OcuPhase also contains ophthalmic lubricating agents to combat “dry eye” and other forms of eye irritation. Each box contains two vials containing five milliliters each.
Each package contains two resealable vials containing a total of about 200 drops, which allows for only a small amount of product to be exposed to oxygen at a time. Unopened vials can be stored in the refrigerator to extend shelf life.
- If you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more then 72 hours, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface.
- Replace cap after using.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- If solution changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use.
Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
|Active Ingredients: Glycerin (lubricant) 1.0%, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (lubricant) 0.15%
Inactive Ingredients: Sterile water (ophthalmic grade isotonic solution, pH 6.3 to 6.4), N-acetylcarnosine (NAC) 1.0%, buffered with boric acid, citric acid, and potassium bicarbonate, and, as a preservative, purified benzyl alcohol.
Good nutrition is a key element of preventing numerous age-related issues, including the health of our eyes. As we age our eyes become more susceptible to a host of challenges that can lead to irritation, discomfort and changes to vision. Colors may be dulled or distorted, and there may be an annoying halo of light around bright objects, causing a glare effect.
Applying lubricating eye drops several times a day can help to alleviate discomfort. Additionally, a number of nutrients have been shown to benefit eye health and good vision. One of these, carnosine, is a dipeptide consisting of two amino acids (alanine and histidine) connected by a chemical bond. Based on research performed mainly by Russian scientists, it is believed that carnosine’s antioxidant properties support healthy vision by inhibiting a chemical process called glycation.
Glycation leads to deleterious chemical complexes called AGEs (advanced glycation end products) that result from common but undesirable reactions between blood sugars, such as glucose, and proteins in many parts of our bodies, including the lenses of our eyes. The sugar-protein complexes become chemically cross-linked and degrade cellular functions. The aptly named AGEs are thought to be an important factor in the aging process.
Carnosine eye drops have been shown to aid in delaying vision senescence in humans by restoring the natural structure of proteins in the lens.
N-acetylcarnosine (NAC), like its parent compound, carnosine, occurs naturally throughout the human body. Both compounds are found primarily in the heart and skeletal muscles (the word carnosine is derived from the Latin word for flesh) and in the brain. Carnosine was discovered in 1900 in Russia, and it is in Russia that most of the recent research on the N-acetylcarnosine derivative has been carried out. Research with N-acetylcarnosine, as with carnosine, demonstrates that it is effective for improving transmissivity of light through the lens.
The structural difference between NAC and carnosine is that one hydrogen atom in carnosine replaces an acetyl group (CH3CO-), and this substitution occurs at a nitrogen atom. An important chemical difference between carnosine and N-acetylcarnosine is that carnosine is relatively insoluble in lipids (fats and fatty compounds), whereas N-acetylcarnosine is relatively soluble in lipids (as well as in water).
This means that N-acetylcarnosine may pass through the lipid membranes of the corneal and lens cells more easily than carnosine, and may thereby gain access more readily to the cells interior, which is primarily aqueous. There, the N-acetylcarnosine is gradually broken down to carnosine (and, perhaps, to histidine), which then exerts its beneficial effects.
Carnosine and N-acetylcarnosine eye drops appear to be a safe, effective means for supporting eye health, comfort and quality of vision in aging humans.
What is the recommended daily use of OcuPhase?
For general preventive use, the recommended amount is 1–2 drops daily. Those with eye problems may want to use 2 drops twice daily or as needed.
Can children use OcuPhase?
OcuPhase eyedrops are not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
What if I experience any discomfort when using OcuPhase eyedrops?
If the eye tissue becomes more inflamed, red, irritated or uncomfortable after using this product, immediately discontinue the use of product and consult an eye physician if necessary.
You may also like…
Herbal Supplements, Specials, Tango
Vital Cell, 180 capsules
Anti-Aging, Thymus and Circulation Support Formula
- Vital Cell is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts formulated to support overall strength, wellness and healthy blood flow.
- The formula has been shown to exert a positive effect on blood, supporting healthy oxygen uptake and delivery.
- In addition to benefits in microcirculation, Vital Cell has been shown to help with certain age-related issues, as well as helping to maintain and support healthy immune response.
- Traditional herbal remedies like Vital Cell are known to confer a wide range of anti-aging and immuno-supportive health benefits by supporting:
- Healthy circulation
- Immune system response
- Organ function
- Microcirculatory performance
- Especially Suited for Elderly & Athletes
- Read more here: Rejuvenating, Anti-Aging Benefits of Vital Cell Herbal Formula