58 reviews for Herbal Boost, 60 Caps
Reviewed by 36 customer(s)
If you do not already have, get one.
Great product.July 23, 2022Verified Purchase
It seems to make EVERYTHING a little bit better.July 6, 2022Verified Purchase
I searched about 14 years ago online to find a substitute for all the many pharmaceutical products for osteoporosis. After taking many on the market drugs, they made me sick and I was determined not to take them. I have taken Osteophase since I researched Tango Nutrition and it has kept my number at bay. I have always had the worse number around and this and the Herbal Boost are part of my daily lifeMay 10, 2022
I use Herbal Boost because I take Osteophase and the medical advisor, John, said it would support the osteopase and boost my immune system. I take both faithfully and have for about 14 years. I have always had the worst numbers when having a bone density test and it has helped keep my numbers fairly even.May 10, 2022
Great productsApril 22, 2022Verified Purchase
Thank youMarch 17, 2022Verified Purchase
With time passed, since Jan 2019, HerbalBoost has shown effectively result having my blood pressure maintained at level satisfactory to my doctor at last appointment of Sept2021 ..and has reduced my intake of BP pills.
I am a stroke patient since Apr2019 and quite happily, HerbalBoost had help my ability to do sunbathe, walking & brisk free-hand exercises in my neighbourhood for 30 mins & more.
My humble thanks to Tango HerbalBoost !October 28, 2021Verified Purchase
Thank youSeptember 16, 2021Verified Purchase
I’ve been taking Herbal Boost since my mild stroke last October. I’ve experienced steady use flexing moving my left shoulder muscles and overall improvement mobility in my brisk morning daily walk of 600 meters, exercise round neighborhood park & shopping mall and errands. Quite delighted that my relatives & neighbors expressed their comments of noticing my betterment in body-health movement using Herbal Boost. I truly recommend my relatives & friends in SingaporeJanuary 9, 2021Verified Purchase
Herbal boost seems to boost my energy when my chronic fatigue seems to sink even lower than usualOctober 4, 2020Verified Purchase
Directions: 1 to 2 capsules, two times daily. Herbal Boost is commonly used for short periods of time, generally 3 to 5 months, before transitioning to Vital Cell circulatory formula for long-term support and health maintenance.
Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
Serving Size: 2
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Proprietary Blend||1000 mg||**|
|Achyranthes root (Niu Xi)||**|
|Chinese Salvia root (Dan Shen)||**|
|Cordyceps mycelium (Dong Chong Xia Cao)||**|
|Cyperus rhizome (Xiang Fu)||**|
|Platycodon root (Jie Geng)||**|
|Prunus Persica seed (Tao Ren)||**|
|Safflower flower (Hong Hua)||**|
|Sichuan Lovage rhizome (Chuan Xiong)||**|
|Tang-kuei root (Dang Gui)||**|
|Tienchi Ginseng root (San Qi)||**|
|** Daily Value not established|
Herbal Boost Recovery Formula was developed by Dr. Dexin Yan for his patients when they needed herbal support. Based on its ability to support circulation and recovery, Herbal Boost may be useful in supporting the body from a range of life’s challenges.*
Dr. Yan based the design of this formula on the powerful tonifying herb, Cordyceps. Next, he included a selection of traditional herbs referred to in China as the three pillars of healthy aging for their ability to support energy production, immune function and circulation. Dr. Yan then added additional herbs known to maintain the quality of blood components (red cells, white cells, platelets, and plasma) and circulation. Finally, Dr. Yan finished off the formula with an advanced blend of herbs used to support the body’s psychogenic functions and maintain balance to the major organ systems.
Chinese doctors also discovered many other situations where Herbal Boost can aid in maintaining optimal recovery.
Herbal Boost was first approved for its demonstrated ability to support circulation, normal healing and recovery.
Individuals typically take Herbal Boost recovery formula 1 to 2 capsules, twice daily for relatively short periods of time, ranging from 3 to 5 months.
Achyranthis (Niu Xi, Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae)
Achyranthes (Achyranthis bidentatae) is a traditional herb used to replenish the liver and the kidney, to strengthen the tendons and bones, to eliminate blood stasis and stimulate menstrual flow. In one recent study Achyranthes bidentata polypeptides (ABPP) separated from the aqueous extract of Achyranthes bidentata were shown to reverse production of intracellular radical oxygen species (ROS) and confer neuroprotective effects on NMDA receptors.1 In another study researchers revealed that achyranthes bidentata polysaccharide (ABP) modulates the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) and supports sodium oxidase (SOD) activity.2
Chinese Salvia (Dan Shen, Radix Salvia Miltiorrhizae)
Salvia refers to the root of Salvia miltiorrhiza, a traditional herb that has grown in importance in modern Chinese clinical practice for its blood-vitalizing properties. Salvia has recently been shown to modulate against -glucosidase activity and formation of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs).3 Additionally, researchers have recently shown how active ingredients of Salvia miltiorrhiza root support endothelial cell health by modulating TNF-alpha-induced production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and malondialdehyde (MDA).4
Cordyceps (Dong Chong Xia Cao, Cordyceps Sinensis)
Cordyceps has been used in Traditional Chinese healing customs (TCM) for thousands of years to support overall health. Research suggests that cordyceps supports mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate (ATP) generation, presumably through the intermediacy of reactive oxidant species, leading to modulation of cellular/mitochondrial antioxidant status. This view is supported by recent research revealing how the antioxidant properties of cordyceps promote lung health.5
Cyperus (Xiang Fu, Rhizoma Cyperi Rotundi)
Cyperi rhizoma is a well-known traditional herb used throughout Asia. It has been reported that Cyperi rhizoma has antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities. In a recent study a water extract of Cyperi rhizoma (CRE) was shown to exert neuroprotective effects on cell viability by modulating generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and nitric oxide (NO) production.6
Dong Quai (Dang Gui, Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
Dong quai (Angelica sinensis), also known as Chinese Angelica, has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese healing arts and remains one of the most popular plants in China, used primarily for health conditions in women. Previous studies have shown that Dong quai supports myocardial blood flow, oxygen-supply and myocardial oxygen balance. In one study Dong quai was shown to significantly enhance endothelial cell proliferation and vascular health, indicating a potential role in supporting heart health.7 In related studies extracts of Dong quai have been shown to support health by exerting inflammation-modulating effects on the production of excess nitric oxide (NO) and reactive oxygen species (ROS).8
Platycodon (Jie Geng, Radix Platycodi Grandiflori Praeparata)
Platycodon has been used since ancient times as a traditional herb for upper respiratory issues. According to the theory of traditional Chinese health, Platycodon possesses the character of lung meridian tropism and has selective effects on the lung and respiratory system. Previous studies have demonstrated that Platycodon exhibits antioxidant actions that may explain its popularity in traditional health systems.9-11 In another study Playtocodon was found to modulate osteoblast differentiation, suggesting a potential role in supporting bone health.12 And in a related study, Platycodon’s effects on bone marrow-derived mast cells (BMMC) indicate the herb may aid in regulating potential inflammatory reactions arising from exposure to molds, pollen and dust mites.13
Safflower (Hong Hua, Flos Carthami Tinctorii)
Flos Carthami is a healing plant traditionally used to support cardiovascular and circulatory health (invigorate blood circulation, break up blood stasis, promote menstruation) in traditional Chinese formulas. Flos Carthami has been shown to exert inhibitory effects on stress-activated protein (SAP) kinases, indicating a potential cardio-protective role.14 Nicotiflorin, a flavonoid glycoside extracted from Flos Carthami, has also been shown to exert a neuroprotective effect in rats.15 Additionally, extracts of Flos Carthami have been shown to exert inflammation-modulating effects, modulating nitric oxide (NO) and Prostaglandin E2 PGE(2) production and by downregulating inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) protein expression to protect against cytokine overexpression in lung tissues.16, 17
Sichuan Lovage (Chuan Xiong, Radix Ligustici Wallichii)
Ligusticum wallichii is an herb that has been widely used to support vascular health in traditional Chinese practice. One of the active components, tetramethylpyrazine (TMP) has been identified as having significant vasorelaxant actions.18 In a study modeling inflammation, Ligusticm was shown to support microcirculatory performance and promote lung health in rats.19
- Shen H, Yuan Y, Ding F, Hu N, Liu J, Gu X. Achyranthes bidentata polypeptides confer neuroprotection through inhibition of reactive oxygen species production, Bax expression, and mitochondrial dysfunction induced by overstimulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Neurosci Res. 2010 Feb 15;88(3):669-76.
- Deng HB, Cui DP, Jiang JM, Feng YC, Cai NS, Li DD. Inhibiting effects of Achyranthes bidentata polysaccharide and Lycium barbarum polysaccharide on nonenzyme glycation in D-galactose induced mouse aging model. Biomed Environ Sci. 2003 Sep;16(3):267-75.
- Ma HY, Gao HY, Sun L, Huang J, Xu XM, Wu LJ. Constituents with -glucosidase and advanced glycation end-product formation inhibitory activities from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge. J Nat Med. 2010 Sep 11.
- Tang C, Xue HL, Bai CL, Fu R. Regulation of adhesion molecules expression in TNF-alpha-stimulated brain microvascular endothelial cells by tanshinone IIA: involvement of NF-kappaB and ROS generation. Phytother Res. 2010 Aug 4.
- Gao BA, Yang J, Huang J, Cui XJ, Chen SX, Den HY, Xiang GM. Cordyceps sinensis extract suppresses hypoxia-induced proliferation of rat pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Saudi Med J. 2010 Sep;31(9):974-9.
- Lee CH, Hwang DS, Kim HG, Oh H, Park H, Cho JH, Lee JM, Jang JB, Lee KS, Oh MS. Protective effect of Cyperi rhizoma against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced neuronal damage. J Med Food. 2010 Jun;13(3):564-71.
- Meng H, Guo J, Sun JY, Pei JM, Wang YM, Zhu MZ, Huang C. Angiogenic effects of the extracts from Chinese herbs: Angelica and Chuanxiong. Am J Chin Med. 2008;36(3):541-54.
- Chao WW, Hong YH, Chen ML, Lin BF. Inhibitory effects of Angelica sinensis ethyl acetate extract and major compounds on NF-kappaB trans-activation activity and LPS-induced inflammation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 May 27;129(2):244-9. Epub 2010 Apr 3.
- Yang X, Zhao Y, Zhou Y, Lv Y, Mao J, Zhao P. Component and antioxidant properties of polysaccharide fractions isolated from Angelica sinensis (OLIV.) DIELS. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007 Oct;30(10):1884-90.
- Fu XJ, Liu HB, Wang P, Guan HS. A study on the antioxidant activity and tissues selective inhibition of lipid peroxidation by saponins from the roots of Platycodon grandiflorum. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37(5):967-75.
- Kim HG, Hien TT, Han EH, Chung YC, Jeong HG. Molecular mechanism of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation by Platycodon grandiflorum root-derived saponins. Toxicol Lett. 2010 Jun 2;195(2-3):106-13. Epub 2010 Mar 15.
- Jeong HM, Han EH, Jin YH, Chung YC, Lee KY, Jeong HG. Saponins from the roots of Platycodon grandiflorum stimulate osteoblast differentiation via p38 MAPK- and ERK-dependent RUNX2 activation. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010 Sep 7.
- Oh YC, Kang OH, Choi JG, Lee YS, Brice OO, Jung HJ, Hong SH, Lee YM, Shin DW, Kim YS, Kwon DY. Anti-allergic activity of a platycodon root ethanol extract. Int J Mol Sci. 2010 Jul 16;11(7):2746-58.
- Siow YL, Choy PC, Leung WM, O K. Effect of Flos carthami on stress-activated protein kinase activity in the isolated reperfused rat heart. Mol Cell Biochem. 2000 Apr;207(1-2):41-7.
- Li R, Guo M, Zhang G, Xu X, Li Q. Nicotiflorin reduces cerebral ischemic damage and upregulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase in primarily cultured rat cerebral blood vessel endothelial cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Aug 11;107(1):143-50. Epub 2006 May 10.
- Sun CY, Pei CQ, Zang BX, Wang L, Jin M. The ability of hydroxysafflor yellow a to attenuate lipopolysaccharide-induced pulmonary inflammatory injury in mice. Phytother Res. 2010 Jun 17.
- Wang CC, Choy CS, Liu YH, Cheah KP, Li JS, Wang JT, Yu WY, Lin CW, Cheng HW, Hu CM. Protective effect of dried safflower petal aqueous extract and its main constituent, carthamus yellow, against lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in RAW264.7 macrophages. J Sci Food Agric. 2010 Sep 17.
- Kim EY, Kim JH, Rhyu MR. Endothelium-independent vasorelaxation by Ligusticum wallichii in isolated rat aorta: comparison of a butanolic fraction and tetramethylpyrazine, the main active component of Ligusticum wallichii. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33(8):1360-3.
- Zhang JX, Dang SC. Ligustrazine alleviates acute lung injury in a rat model of acute necrotizing pancreatitis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2006 Nov;5(4):605-9.
What is the recommended daily dose of Herbal Boost?
The recommended daily dose of Herbal Boost is 1-2 capsules, 2 times per day.
How much Herbal Boost can I safely take in a day?
You do not need to take more than 4 capsules in a day to gain the full effectiveness of the Herbal Boost supplement.
How do I know Herbal Boost is working for me?
Herbal Boost is a Tango Advanced Nutrition product that should make a change for you in how you feel. It should support your circulatory and immune system health so that you feel better throughout the day and night.
You should expect results to occur quickly as many of our customers report dramatic improvement in the first few days of use. The change should be noticeable. Instead of saying to yourself, “I think this might be helping me”, you really should be able to say, “Wow, I feel a lot better.”
Usually, very clear results show up in the first month of use for most people.
Do I have to take Herbal Boost forever?
Everybody has a different set of circumstances that will determine how their circulatory and immune health will be promoted when using Herbal Boost. Your response to the supplement will be determined by your individual health circumstances. Issues with circulation and immune system function may be long-standing over many years. This may determine how soon you notice positive changes and how long you may need or wish to take the formula.
However, the formula is strong enough so that men and women who will get benefits should expect them in the first month of use.
When positive changes in circulation and immune health occur, you can lower your dose gradually by one capsule at a time every 4-5 days and expect to see continued benefits. The reason for this is that, as with all true health-promoting supplements, Herbal Boost provides restorative results.
We recommend that people take Herbal Boost for 3-4 months for quick improvements and then switch to Vital Cell as their daily circulatory and immune system supplement.
When should I take Herbal Boost?
The most important consideration in taking Herbal Boost is to use it daily and consistently. Convenience makes regular use possible, so including Herbal Boost in your regular supplement routine is a good idea.
You can take Herbal Boost with or away from meals.
Morning and early evening are the best times to take the formula to spread out its benefits over a 24-hour period.
Some men and women take Herbal Boost about 1 hour before bedtime to make sure they have beneficial nutrients working while they are sleeping.
Can I take Herbal Boost with other supplements?
Yes, you can take Herbal Boost with and at the same time as you take other dietary supplements.
I take over-the-counter/prescriptive medicines for better circulation. Can I take Herbal Boost with them?
You can take Herbal Boost while you are using other products for your circulation or any other condition. However, you should always take Herbal Boost or any other supplement at least 2 hours away from any medication to reduce any possible risk of interaction.
As a special precaution, you should not take Herbal Boost if you are on the drastic blood thinning medication warfarin/coumadin.
You should also exercise caution when taking aspirin, plavix or other blood-thinning medications while also using Herbal Boost.
If you have any questions about using Herbal Boost or any other supplement while you are using medications of any type, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Can I combine Herbal Boost with some of your other products like OsteoPhase, CardioPhase, or Vital Cell?
Yes, you can take Herbal Boost with OsteoPhase for bone health. We suggest that you take 1 capsule of Herbal Boost for each 2 capsules of OsteoPhase.
It is not necessary to take Herbal Boost and FemmePhase together as they are very similar formulas using the same herbs.
You can take Herbal Boost and CardioPhase together. We do suggest starting at a lower dose of each than is recommended on the bottle as there is some overlap in function between the supplements. You can increase the doses of each by one capsule per day until you feel the effect that you are trying to achieve.
As noted above, you do not need to take Herbal Boost and Vital Cell together for circulatory health. Usually, you take Herbal Boost for 3-4 months then switch to Vital Cell as your daily circulation and immune system supplement.
You can also call one of our product specialists if you have questions about how best to combine our formulas. The toll-free number for product questions is 1-866-778-2646, ext. 2.
Can a woman take Herbal Boost if she is pregnant or nursing?
No, we do not recommend that a woman take Herbal Boost if she is pregnant or nursing. This is not because Herbal Boost is unsafe but because there have been no safety studies performed on the ingredients in Herbal Boost for pregnancy and nursing.
Can children take Herbal Boost?
Herbal Boost is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
Can I give Herbal Boost to my pet (cat, dog, or horse)?
Yes, however, you should contact a holistic veterinarian for advice on the dose you should give to your pet, since animals vary widely in size and speed of metabolism. Both of those factors determine doses for supplements for animals.
Is Herbal Boost tested for contaminants that could harm my health?
Yes, we regularly test batches of our formulas to make sure they meet strict quality control guidelines recommended by government regulatory agencies.
Are there any side effects from taking Herbal Boost?
Herbal Boost does not cause drowsiness or make a person sleepy. It also does not contain any stimulants that might cause jitteriness or lack of sleep.
What do I do if I think taking Herbal Boost is causing me discomfort?
The most common discomforts experienced by a tiny percentage of people when taking any vitamin, mineral, or herbal formula are digestive upset or very mild allergic reactions such as skin itching or irritability.
These minor discomforts usually disappear by taking a lower dose or by taking the supplement with meals.
If you should experience discomfort when taking Herbal Boost and it does not go away with these suggestions, then discontinue use and contact our product specialist for further recommendations at 1-866-778-2646, ext 2. If we cannot determine a way for you to continue use of the product to gain its benefits, then we will arrange for a full refund for you.
You may also like…
Herbal Supplements, Bone & Joint Support, Gums & Teeth Support, Specials, Tango
OsteoPhase, 120 Caps
Strong Bones-10%Herbal Supplements, Bone & Joint Support, Gums & Teeth Support, Specials, Tango
OsteoPhase, 120 Caps
Advanced Herbal Bone Support Formula
- OsteoPhase® is a unique bone support supplement for men and women
- Works by helping the body maintain and balance healthy calcium levels — not by increasing calcium intake.
- The proprietary blend of herbal extracts and peptides have been well-studied for their role in supporting bone health and calcium balance to aid in promoting healthy skeletal bone structure.*