|5% OFF||10% OFF||15% OFF|
Redeem coupon and view other special offers on the Specials Page →.
CALM™ is a twice-a-day natural nutrient "shield" designed by Hyla Cass, MD, to protect both mind and body from the harmful effects of daily stress. CALM delivers a natural blend of ingredients proven to safely enhance mood and sharpen mental acuity, while supporting inner calm and balance. CALM is the perfect alternative to unhealthy substances many people have come to depend on.*
At the heart of the CALM formula are seven ingredients that, in the proper dosages and potencies, have been shown to work together to regulate brain chemistry. CALM aids in stabilizing moods and relieving stress without side effects, impairment, drowsiness, or loss of judgment:
• L-Theanine - The active substance in one of the oldest calming mood-stabilizers (green tea from China), theanine can increase your ability to focus, concentrate, learn, and remember while providing a whole-body sense of "alert relaxation" and well-being described as being akin to a massage or hot bath. It increases alpha-wave activity in the brain which is the brain state attained through meditation, thereby shutting off the "worry" impulse.
• GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) - Lower levels of GABA in the brain and nervous system are linked to anxiety, tension, and insomnia. As an important neurotransmitter (chemical messenger), GABA helps to regulate brain and nerve cell functioning, producing a calming and focusing effect that is widely acknowledged in the mental health community. Within the nervous system, it protects against nervous system overloads-which can cause over-excitement or impulsive lapses in judgment.
• L-Taurine - An amino acid that plays a major role in neurotransmitter regulation, taurine calms and stabilizes your mind much like GABA does. By retarding the release of adrenaline, taurine also protects us from the fight-or-flight response and post-stress anxiety. Because taurine is found in protein-rich organ meats, vegetarians are especially at risk for taurine deficiency.
• L-Glutamine - The amino acid L-Glutamine is used directly by the brain as fuel as well as to build and balance GABA. It has been shown to enhance both mental performance and memory. Known as "the addiction alternative," glutamine can also be used for nearly instantly relief of cravings for sugar, stimulants, or inebriants such as alcohol.
• Herbs for Stress-Relief - Hops, Passion Flower and Lemon Balm are naturally grown herbs that work to dramatically reduce levels of stress-related anxiety and to promote the relaxation needed for restful sleep, a prime component in your body's ability to resist stress itself. In low doses they are calming. In higher doses (2-3 capsules at bedtime) they actually help to promote sleep, without a morning-after "hangover."
Directions: Take 2 capsules, 1-3 times daily as needed, or as directed by your health care professional.
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
|Ingredients||Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)||100 mg||26%|
|Vitamin B-5 (as Calcium Pantothenate)||50 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B-3 (as Niacinamide)||40 mg||200%|
|Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)||10 mg||2,000%|
|Folic Acid||100 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)||100 mcg||1,666%|
|GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid)||200 mg||*|
|Passionflower (aerial parts: 6:1 concentrate)||200 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsules, magnesium stearate (vegetarian).